23 January, 2014 00:27 ▪
Activist kidnapped from hospital along with Ihor Lutsenko found dead
“The body found in the Boryspil forest is that of Yuriy Verbytskyi. His niece has just called. His brother recognized the body,” Hanna wrote.
According to earlier reports, two bodies with signs of torture were found in Boryspil Raion where activist Ihor Lutsenko was taken earlier when kidnapped.
Once released, Lutsenko said that Yuriy Verbytskyi could have been in a much worse state than he was. He thought that the kidnappers treated Yuriy with much more violence because he is from Lviv.
Lutsenko also assumed that the people who were beating him could have worked in the police earlier. They asked him, “What will the Maidan NGO do?” and “Who is funding the rallies?”
- Acting Foreign Minister says diplomatic relations with Russia could be suspended
- May 9 in Ukraine: a fire at the TV tower, a shootout in Mariupol, Putin’s visit to Crimea
- Presidential Administration official says terrorist attacks could take place on May 9
- Ukrainian Security Service Chief: Twenty-six Russian security officers were involved in planning of the bloodshed on Maidan
- Yanukovych is in Russia and may be granted asylum there
- The United States strongly condemns the increasing violence on the streets of Kyiv
- José Manuel Barroso deplores force and violence against protesters and talks about possible sanctions against Ukrainian officials after news of protesters killed in clashes
- Protester shot at Hrushevskoho Street. Another protester dead after being knocked down from the stadium entrance arc by Berkut
- The EUobserver: individual EU countries could impose unilateral sanctions against Ukrainian authorities
- Yuriy Lutsenko: There were no talks, just consultations with Kliuyev