16 July, 2014 12:50 ▪
National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
The terrorist attack began at 4 a.m. on July 16.
The fight near Marynivka lasted for over an hour. The National Guard repelled the attack and took the offensive while terrorists retreated to Stepanivka.
Three Ukrainian military were reportedly injured and the infrastructure in Marynivka badly damaged.
“The fighting continues near the village of Tarany where the terrorists continue to attack the National Guard. The assault is being carried out from Saur-Mohyla and Stepanivka. The terrorists are shelling the anti-terrorist operation forces with mines, tanks and anti-tank guided missiles. One National Guard serviceman is reportedly injured. The losses of terrorist are being updated,” the National Guard’s report says.
At night on July 15-16, terrorists shelled Ukrainian anti-terrorist operation forces.
On July 15, the National Security and Defence Council reported of 258 Ukrainian servicemen killed over the course of the anti-terrorist operation.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Bloomberg: US ready to impose tougher sanctions on Russia unilaterally
- National Defence and Security Council: A grouping of Russian military detected near Russia-Ukraine border in Luhansk Oblast
- Russian tanks and AFVs arrive in Luhansk
- UPD: 23 servicemen killed, 93 injured over the past 24 hours in Luhansk Oblast
- President Poroshenko ends truce in the Donbas
- Expert: more diversions against Ukrainian gas transit system could take place in the next few weeks