16 July, 2014 12:35 ▪
Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
“During the night, anti-terrorist forces were shelled near the village of Marynivka (Donetsk Oblast). The shelling was done from GRADs first, then from mortars and 2S1 Gvozdika 122-mm self-propelled howitzers, from the side of the border with Russia. Anti-terrorist forces fired in response. Information on the losses are being updated,” Tymchuk wrote.
He also wrote that anti-terrorist forces were shelled with GRAD truck-mounted multiple rocket launchers near the villages of Provallia in Luhansk Oblast and Dmytrivka in Donetsk Oblast. Several Ukrainian servicemen were killed in Luhansk Oblast.
Yesterday, on July 15, an airstrike took place in the town of Snizhne in Donetsk Oblast, killing 11 civilians. Only the Russian aviation could have fulfilled this strike, Dmytro Tymchuk wrote. “According to our information, terrorists have no aircrafts that can carry out military operations,” he wrote despite of earlier statements by the leaders of terrorists and Russian media that the Donetsk People’s Republic terrorist organization allegedly has combat aircrafts.
“Therefore, Russian aviation is the only one that could have carried out the airstrike on the town of Snizhne,” Tymchuk wrote.
Ukrainian officials also confirm that the Russian artillery has been shelling Ukrainian anti-terrorist operation forces from its territory.
Earlier, Tymchuk reported that Russian military are sent to manage combat vehicles of the militants.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Bloomberg: US ready to impose tougher sanctions on Russia unilaterally
- National Defence and Security Council: A grouping of Russian military detected near Russia-Ukraine border in Luhansk Oblast
- Ukraine disappointed with EU sanctions against Russia
- Russian tanks and AFVs arrive in Luhansk
- UPD: 23 servicemen killed, 93 injured over the past 24 hours in Luhansk Oblast
- President Poroshenko ends truce in the Donbas