11 July, 2014 16:20 ▪
Russian tanks and AFVs arrive in Luhansk
The convoy that reportedly included HETs (Heavy Equipment Transporters), trucks and APCs entered Ukraine from the direction of Krasnodar Raion and headed to Luhansk. The locals say that the vehicles were moving with their lights off.
The number plate on one vehicle said “21st Region of the Russian Federation” (Chuvashia).
Then, before dawn, a convoy of tanks rode the same route to Luhansk. The locals noticed five T 72 tanks. In the morning, the residents of Karl Marx Street district in Luhansk saw the tanks.
RELATED ARTICLE: Gas or No Gas?
Russia keeps sending its tanks and AFVs to Eastern Ukraine. “Four trucks with the mercenaries were reportedly moving from the Russian side today; 20 tanks and 120 armoured vehicles that got here from the side of Russia are reportedly on the territory of Luhansk Oblast,” said Yuriy Stets, Head of the Information Security Department, National Guard, at a briefing on July 4.
The tanks have numbers of Russian military units on them, he added. Another proof was the credit card of a Russian bank with the record of domestic transactions in Russian found at one vehicle, along with a document that looked like a technical passport for a Russian armoured vehicle.
“It had Russian coat of arms and a signature indicating that it is owned by a Russian military unit. The data in it says that it is not just separatists or bands [operating in Eastern Ukraine]. It’s the Russian military,” he said.
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Bloomberg: US ready to impose tougher sanctions on Russia unilaterally
- UPD: 23 servicemen killed, 93 injured over the past 24 hours in Luhansk Oblast
- President Poroshenko ends truce in the Donbas
- National Security and Defence Council: The plan of anti-terrorist assault ready, the military await the order
- Terrorists shell the airfield in Kramatorsk and checkpoints near Sloviansk during truce
- Terrorists shell residential districts in Sloviansk killing at least eight yesterday