30 June, 2014 18:40 ▪
Terrorists shell the airfield in Kramatorsk and checkpoints near Sloviansk during truce
“Last night, terrorists in Eastern Ukraine shelled checkpoints and bases of Ukrainian military several times. At half past twelve, the militants launched fire from machine grenade launchers and artillery at a checkpoint of the Ukrainian Army near Kremennaya village,” the report says.
Another vehicle arrived to help the militants. Ukrainian military launched fire from the ZU-23 AA mount, fending off the attack. No soldiers were killed.
At night, the militants also shelled the airfield in Kramatorsk, the checkpoints of Ukrainian military near Sloviansk, and the villages of Makariv, Avdeyevka, and Karachun hill. The military fired back.
“Therefore, the gangs of terrorists continue to unilaterally break President Poroshenko’s peace plan to regulate the situation in Eastern Ukraine,” the report says.
On June 20, President Poroshenko announced temporary ceasefire to all units of the Ukrainian Army, National Guard and Border Service. The anti-terrorist operation troops were only allowed to open fire as a protection measure.
Following talks in Donetsk, the terrorists allegedly agreed to cease fire on from June 23 through June 27, yet they kept breaking the truce.
On June 27, Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said that over 20 Ukrainian military were killed during the “truce”.
Overall, the terrorists have broken the ceasefire over 50 times.
On June 27, the ceasefire was extended for another 72 hours, till June 30.
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- National Defence and Security Council: A grouping of Russian military detected near Russia-Ukraine border in Luhansk Oblast
- Russian tanks and AFVs arrive in Luhansk
- Terrorists shell residential districts in Sloviansk killing at least eight yesterday
- InfoResist: Terrorists shoot at the airfield and two bases of Ukrainian military in Kramatorsk
- SBU arrests terrorist “Czech” responsible for the movement of military vehicles from Russia
- Terrorists attack Ukrainian military near Sloviansk, killing several Ukrainian troops
- EU delays sanctions against Russia until June 30