19 June, 2014 17:15 ▪
Parliament supports new NBU Chair, Prosecutor General and Foreign Minister proposed by President Poroshenko
329 MPs supported the appointment of Vitaliy Yarema, previously First Vice Premier, as the new Prosecutor General of Ukraine.
After that, 335 MPs voted to appoint ex-Ambassador of Ukraine to Germany, Pavlo Klimkin, as the new Foreign Minister replacing Andriy Deshchytsia.
RELATED ARTICLE: Breaking Away From Eurasia
After a 10-minute break, 349 MPs supported the President’s proposal to appoint Valeria Hontareva, Board Chairperson at Investment Capital Ukraine (ICU) investment banking and asset management company, as the new chairperson of the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU). She replaced Stepan Kubiv.
RELATED ARTICLE: The Birth of New Political Reality
After the voting ended, President Poroshenko who had presented the candidates to the parliament, thanked Stepan Kubiv (previous NBU Chair), Oleh Makhnitskyi (previous Prosecutor General) and Andriy Deshchytsia (previous Foreign Minister) for their work. He also thanked MPs and expressed hope that close cooperation between the President and Parliament would continue.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Quite a few militants in the Donbas will lay down arms in ceasefire
- Ceasefire in the Donbas to evacuate the wounded and dead
- Premier Yatseniuk links disruption of gas talks to the signing of the Association Agreement
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists force the locals to join them because they are running out of money
- June, 14 – The bloodiest day in Ukraine’s Anti-Terrorist Operation claims lives of 49 soldiers and 5 border guards