17 June, 2014 23:28 ▪
Ceasefire in the Donbas to evacuate the wounded and dead
“On June 17, at 7.20 p.m. Kyiv time, the agreement on ceasefire in the anti-terrorist operation area came into effect. It will allow to arrange evacuation of the injured and the dead along the frontline in Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts,” he wrote.
“I will accompany the convoy from Horlivka to Luhansk to take the bodies (of 49 troops killed in the airplane shot down by terrorists on June 13 - Ed.) from the 25th Dnipropetrovsk Paratroopers Brigade. The convoy will go to Karlivka from Luhansk to be transferred to the Ukrainian side,” he added.
RELATED ARTICLE: Donbas: The Revenge of the Proletariat
According to some sources, in addition to Budik, a hostage SBU officer, Oleksandr Vasiushchenko, will be used as human shield for the convoy heading to Luhansk.
On June 16, President Poroshenko offered temporary ceasefire in the Donbas to allow separatists to put down arms.
RELATED ARTICLE: Who's in control of the rebellion in Donetsk?
Meanwhile, Head of the National Security and Defence Council, Andriy Parubiy, said that Ukraine was prepared to give a week for diversionists and militants to put down arms and leave Ukraine.
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- National Defence and Security Council: A grouping of Russian military detected near Russia-Ukraine border in Luhansk Oblast
- Russian tanks and AFVs arrive in Luhansk
- UPD: 23 servicemen killed, 93 injured over the past 24 hours in Luhansk Oblast
- Premier Yatseniuk links disruption of gas talks to the signing of the Association Agreement
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists force the locals to join them because they are running out of money
- Terrorists claim to have taken OSCE observers hostage
- Defense Ministry claims that the armed conflict will stop in the Donbas
- Terrorists attacked a military unit in Artemivsk at night