4 June, 2014 20:57 ▪
Poroshenko will offer a peaceful solution for Ukraine during inauguration
Poroshenko said that he is in the process of negotiations with the EU, Canada and the US on the plan.
“We continued to discuss details of the peaceful plan today, and I, as Ukrainian President, will have the opportunity to present this plan to Ukraine during my inauguration,” he said.
He did not reveal details of the plan, including the option of imposing martial law, and explained that the process of the plan development continues. It will be finalized this Friday in Normandy where his next meetings with the top officials of the leading countries will take place.
RELATED ARTICLE: The Birth of New Political Reality
Meanwhile, Poroshenko noted that his peaceful solution for Ukraine envisages decentralization following the Polish model.
“This will be a totally firm proposal of decentralization, and this decentralization is based on the Polish model. The Poles and the EU are prepared to support us in implementing this model of decentralization that delegates real powers to local governments, and this will be very timely for our colleagues from the East, namely Donetsk and Luhansk,” Poroshenko stressed out.
RELATED ARTICLE: The Myth of Russian-Speaking Regions
He also mentioned an intention to apply extensive amnesty and a series of other moves that will allow him to launch and ensure a peaceful process.
Poroshenko mentioned that, during his meeting with US President Barack Obama in Warsaw today, they agreed on deepening military cooperation between the US and Ukraine and provision of non-lethal military aid to Ukraine by the US.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- Anti-Terrorist Operation spokesman: Krasnyi Lyman is purged of terrorists, fighting continues near Sloviansk
- Acting President Turchynov announced partial closing of border with Russia
- Ukraine repays USD 1bn of public debt
- State Border Service: snipers shooting at Ukrainian border guards in Luhansk
- Petro Poroshenko officially announced president