22 February, 2014 17:12 ▪
Early presidential election scheduled for May 25
The Verkhovna Rada votes on a resolution to remove the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych because he has illegally withdrawn himself from the execution of his Constitutional obligations and to announce a new election for May 25, 2014.
The resolution will take effect as soon as voted on. 328 MPs voted in favor.
- CoE appeals for respect of Ukraine’s territorial integrity and international law
- A convoy of Russian military vehicles enters Luhansk
- Russian APCs cross Ukrainian border
- National Guard: Terrorists attack Ukrainian military in Donetsk Oblast in tanks
- Dmytro Tymchuk: Terrorists shelling Ukrainian military from Russian border again
- German, French and Polish ministers come to the Verkhovna Rada
- Radoslaw Sikorski: There is no coup in Ukraine
- SBU warns MPs engaged in separatist talks with foreigners
- The Guardian: Obama criticizes Putin for Ukraine and Syria
- The EU can’t agree on the list of candidates for sanctions